Maintenance - Facility Custodian
Summary: Performs general cleaning in maintaining buildings, adjacent walks and grounds. Performs light facility maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Clean and sanitize offices, restrooms, locker rooms, kitchen areas, general warehouse areas.
- Dust and wipe furniture, sweep, mop or vacuum floors. Empty/clean waste baskets and trash containers. Refill restroom dispensers.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Wear proper equipment when using chemicals.
- Wash accessible interior and exterior windows. Clean window sills.
- Use and maintain all equipment; vacuums, brooms, mops, squeegees and floor machines.
- Clean and disinfect equipment.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Apply wax to coat floors and buff.
- Apply sealant to floors.
- Maintenance of lighting, and other related facilities and grounds duties.
- Maintain exterior landscape areas, parking lots and docks free of litter and debris.
- Move moderate to heavy equipment and furniture.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Shovel snow from sidewalks and apply ice melting compounds to surface.
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
- Perform work assigned in accordance to company standards.
- Must adhere to all company safety and health policies.
Other Skills and Abilities
Use of non specialized power tools.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience maintaining a facility and grounds.
Send resume to: email@example.com